Saturday 14 January 2012

Old Flames

Have you ever done or said something that's transported you back in time to when you were a completely different person? That happened to me today. I was suddenly reminded of a time when I was madly in love with someone and it was so complicated because things did not go exactly how I wanted them to go. The hardest part of dealing with someone else's feelings is the slow realisation that they are not feeling for you what you feel for them. But that was all ok because he went to college and the distance helped me to get over him and I honestly did...get over him I mean. But when I bumped into him today I suddenly remembered how it felt to love so deeply. It was bittersweet but it was raw and honest and that is what I live for. Honest emotions that shape us, the old scars and old wounds that we patch up and try to continue as best as we can. This is what makes us strong, and strenght is something to be admired :)

No comments:

Post a Comment